Anyone work this out....?

Stuartli 08:39 13 Mar 2003

Not a true query, but bit of a puzzle all the same..:-)

click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 08:44 13 Mar 2003

Dont know how it works but i like it lol.

Regards

MAJ 08:51 13 Mar 2003

Yes it's apparently very good isn't it. All the correct answers are given the same symbol, which is changed everytime.

Stuartli 08:57 13 Mar 2003

How can the same symbol be changed every time?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 09:00 13 Mar 2003

Are you insane lol click here

MAJ 09:14 13 Mar 2003

There are only a certain number of answers to the maths question. Those answers are all randomly changed to the same symbol. That symbol is then revealed when you click on the ball thingy.

recap 09:18 13 Mar 2003

Mind blowing!!!

Andÿ 09:20 13 Mar 2003

The thing is set so that any two numbers added together and taken away from that number will give you a number that is divisible by 9.

The ball just displays the same symbol as every number that is on the 9 times table. The symbol changes each time so even though you change the number you pick it still guesses right.

Look at the symbol next to 18 (or any number divisible by 9) and remember the symbol, click the crystal ball, click try again and you will see the symbol for the numbers divisible by 9 has changed to the one you will receive as your answer.

You think you are choosing a different symbol but you are just selecting the only one you can. The rotation of the symbols also adds to the illusion.

I hope I've made sense as I know what I mean but don't know if I have explained it clearly :o)

Andÿ 09:24 13 Mar 2003

Snap.

« Ravin » 09:27 13 Mar 2003

brilliant andy :o)

« Ravin » 09:29 13 Mar 2003

ps and maj........;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?