A friend of mine owns Estate Agents and has 3 computers. The main computer is new and runs XP. The other two are as old as the hills and are getting the order of the boot to be replaced with 2 new computers running XP natch (thinly veiled hint to PCW to get the Mr Sheen out).
The main computer has all the clients’ details, viewing history, adverts, photographs etc. The other two computers are used for word processing and accounts. The other two computers need to occasionally access files on the main computer e.g. entering client data and viewing/changing history.
All 3 need to be networked so that the two secondary computers can dump info onto the files of the main computer. The main computer may need to occasionally access the other 2 computers. Dial up is 56K so Internet sharing will not be needed.
1) For all sorts of dull reasons there can be no wires, so wireless is the ONLY option but there is no need to worry about BB connections as this is for file sharing ONLY.
2) From what I can gather, Belkin seems to be the hardware of choice and cost will not be a consideration.
3) Does the ‘main’ computer have a different USB device and the other two have slaves?
4) I’ve set up networks before but never using XP or wireless. Am I to assume that it will be as easy-peasey as Belkin et al reckon?
5) What 3 items from Belkin will be needed?
6) Ta muchly.