anyone using NTL BB and OE please?

p;3 00:55 25 Feb 2006

if you are. do you have a link to an on-line tutorial for setting up Outlook express and hotmail web mail; need a tutorial for someone to follow to set up OE to be able to download mails from the hotmail server into OE; please

BT BB do one and I hope there may be a similar one with NTL?

WhiteTruckMan 01:36 25 Feb 2006

hotmail deciding that accounts created from a certain date would not be able to be controlled from OE, but I cannot remember it all. Anyone else recall this?

WTM

VoG II 07:26 25 Feb 2006

click here but as WhiteTruckMan said, I don't think this will work with new accounts.

p;3 09:56 25 Feb 2006

it mentions "new accounts"; how "new" would that mean? are we talking months or years here?

Wak 10:20 25 Feb 2006

I use NTL B/B and OE.
Some time ago I also set up a Hotmail account (as a spare contact) but found that the two ISPs just wouldn't mix and e-mails could not be sent (or received) from one to the other regardless of any settings.

p;3 00:49 26 Feb 2006

I am going to try and set one up later today on someones account; will be interesting to see if it will retrieve from server; having tried my own and failed with it, I am having my doubts:((

BRYNIT 09:47 26 Feb 2006

Unless you subcribe to MSN Hotmail Plus, or MSN Premium, you will not be able to set it up in OE.

From the Hotmail help page.

To protect our users from the increasing amount of unsolicited junk e-mail or spam sent from MSN Hotmail accounts through Outlook and Outlook Express, we have reluctantly had to restrict the new use of Outlook and Outlook Express to subscribers only.

By making this feature part of a subscription (which requires a user to provide billing information), we can more effectively manage and put a stop to the abuse of this feature, and help protect you and others from unsolicited mail.

If you purchase a subscription service such as MSN Hotmail Plus, or MSN Premium, you get access to your account from Outlook or Outlook Express, along with many other added features. To see other benefits of upgrading your MSN Hotmail or MSN accounts or to create a new subscription account,

p;3 17:25 26 Feb 2006

they do have a valid point, as " any Tom, Dick, or Harry "could just grab a mail address and "do with it what they will"; so; looks as though that plan of attack on an issue has been scuppered:((

I did try yet again to connect mine to the OE and server, ; however, my mailwasher got denied access too.....

and all because of the horrid spam for dinner we keep getting:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?