Anyone use a BT Home Hub??

gudda96 18:18 25 Feb 2007

Hi There

I have a bt homr hub that I use for my wireless laptop,

I also use my BT phone in the same room as the hub and my laptop.

Is there a benefit to plug a phone into the port in the bt hub, if so, do I use my normal landline phone or buy a digotal phone.

Also, will the calls be free, if not, am I better going for Skype, although I believe thats only beneficial to contact other pc users??

its free weekend and evening calls or £5 a month for free anytime, if you plug phone directly into hub it just saves a mains socket as it charges on the phone, and its a totally seperate line/ number to your landline, make sure you register and configure it at bt

gudda96 20:30 25 Feb 2007

adman 2

I follow that thanks and I think the main advantage is that you free the house landline phone.

Also, with having my present landline alongside my bt hub on my desk, it will also eliminate the need for landline phone for dialling out but if anyone calls me on my house landline, if I am upstairs with my pc and bt hub, I will miss incoming call.

Also, I believe in small print, there is a 3p connection charge on each call? at present, I use a prefix of 18866 (click here) and each call only cost 5p PER CALL not per minute.

I just wondered what you views would be?

i've had it since july now, and i had a bill for about 30p once, which i ignored!
i have a cordless phne on my landline (through a filter) and the hub fone on my home hub, i use neither really as i get 1000 minutes free of my mobile, but i call my brother on it every sunday for an hour, he lives in boston mass usa, and i have only ever had the 30p bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?