Anyone tried an iplate yet?

silverous 20:29 12 Oct 2008

The iplate is not something you eat off made by Apple but a plate that has been developed to improve broadband speeds for some people, and in some cases reportedly by up to 60%.

See:

click here

I've contacted my ISP to ask if they will be providing them, if not they are only £10-£14 online. My ADSL connection of "up to 8MB" only achieves around 1MB so this is something of great interest to me. I also fall into the criteria where it is supposed to work i.e. router attached to extension wiring.

jolorna 20:50 12 Oct 2008

there is a post here click here

The Kestrel 21:31 12 Oct 2008

I have just ordered one from click here and am awaiting its arrival. This was the cheapest supplier I could find. Will post back to the forum on how successful it is after installation and allowing time for ADSL to resynchronise.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:32 13 Oct 2008

click here|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 same company but cheaper.

G

Technotiger 08:12 13 Oct 2008

Mine got up to speed (a three-fold increase approx) in just one day - see jolorna's link above.

Bagsey 08:51 13 Oct 2008

^ for future read thanks :-))

rawprawn 10:10 13 Oct 2008

I wonder if it's worth it to me, I have an up to 8MB deal and I get about 6.3MB average. I have doubts that IPlate would help, but if anyone knows better please tell me.

Technotiger 10:18 13 Oct 2008

Hi, as you are already getting good results, I don't think the iPlate would make any great difference. Had I been getting results like yours, I would not have bothered.

rawprawn 10:55 13 Oct 2008

Thanks Technotiger thats what I thought.

howard64 15:12 13 Oct 2008

there are various sites that show that once you have adsl and the filters you no longer need the wire in terminal 3 of the master and slaves. If you have the modern BT master remove the bottom section and unplug it from the master socket. Look at your extension wires on the removed section and if you have a wire or wires in terminal 3 remove it[them] do the same in all the slave sockets then fit the bottom section back in the master socket. Mine went up from about 4 to 6.3 MBPS after removing the wire. I doubt that the Iplate would get me anymore on my upto 8 MBPS service.

T I M B O 15:19 13 Oct 2008

Check with this click here & click here to see what your telephone connection is capable of. I think that 3rd party programs to boost internet is just rubbish and prolly spyware anyway.

Some ISP's are slower than others despite what your telephone line.

Best of luck......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?