Anyone tell me what the JVC GZ-HM445 Camcorder is like please?

Sneeze1 21:14 05 Jan 2012

My cousin has upgraded her handy-cam and wants to sell me her old one which is a JVC GZ-HM445, can any of you tell me what it is like before I agree? At the moment I own a Sony DCR-SR32 which is OK but in need of upgrading itself.

I use it to film scenery when I go to Cornwall as well as take still picture's, also use it to film group outings etc. The JVC GZ-HM445 is a HD which I think can be turned off and filmed in normal if I want, also has 40 x optical zoom, is that good? I would use the HD but I don't have a HD TV, and I tried before but my PC didn't like it very much.

Please can you advise me before I part with my hard earned cash? har har.

Many thanks

northumbria61 21:21 05 Jan 2012

Why don't you get your cousin to explain what it does/can't do - she is unlikely to sell you something which isn't going to be of any use to you - or is she? If you are not satisfied with what you hear then you can just tell her to put it on E-Bay.

Woolwell 22:21 05 Jan 2012
  Sneeze1 11:23 06 Jan 2012

Well its got optical zoom which my Sony hasn't. It takes SD cards as mine is a hard disk drive. Which is the better model, sony or JVC?

Sneeze1 10:50 09 Jan 2012

Hi I have gone for the Sony HDRCX115EB High Definition Handycam my only worry now is that I edit all my films through Cyberlink Power Director version 8 Ultra, and that It might not like the HD format. Can Cyberlink Power Director handle the HD? Many thanks.

The Link to this model is

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-HDRCX115EB-Definition-Handycam-Camcorder/dp/B0031U1AJ6/ref=sr11?ie=UTF8&qid=1326105987&s

Cheers :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone