Anyone still having problems with Lycos mail?

escribe 20:52 25 Jul 2003

I haven't been able to get in for weeks - when I log in, all I get is a blank page. Can anyone explain why?

Valvegrid 21:05 25 Jul 2003

Sorry to hear your still having problems, are you getting nothing at all? I know it sounds a silly question when you said the page was blank, but I just want to clarify your not getting 'Page cannot be found' or something like that. Also remind us what browser your using?

Paul.

By the way, I have been using Lycos all evening without problem.

Holographic_man 21:48 25 Jul 2003

I use lycos with no probs, e-mail is ok and I use chat too.

escribe 14:03 29 Jul 2003

Thanks to those who've replied ... to answer your questions, I go to the Lycos.co.uk homepage, click on the e-mail tab, put in my username and password.
It then appears to log me in - the bar at the top says I'm in Lycosmail, the Lycos header is at the top and all the tabs for folders and so on are on the left - but where my Inbox should be, there's nothing, just a blank.
I'm using the same browsers I've used all along - Internet Explorer 5 for Mac at work, the same for Windows at home - but nothing.
Does this give anyone any clues?
Thanks for your help.

Valvegrid 17:26 29 Jul 2003

That is a mystery, I've been experimenting on Lycos to see if I can still log in with all the scripting and Java applets off and I can still log in! So it's not that. The only thing that I notice is that you are using IE5 at work, if this the same at home it's a pretty old browser now, it may be worth upgrading it to IE6. This may have something to do with Lycos upgrading their server a few weeks ago, it all seems to tie in with your problems.

The only other thing I can suggest is opening your emails via POP3 in OutLook Express.

We'll see if someone has any better idea when the post goes to the top.

Paul.

escribe 00:06 03 Aug 2003

I've just bought a new desktop for home - Dell Dimension 2400, no problems so far, touch wood - and the new browser works fine with Lycos. So it seems Valvegrind was right: if you've got IE5 or Netscape 5, you can forget using Lycos mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?