Anyone recommend a children's browser?

AdeJ 20:51 11 Jun 2003

My eight year old is itching to get out on the web - there's a glut of sensoring software out there that I don't have a huge amount of confidence in - anyone have any experience of an actual children's browsert they can recommend?

Belatucadrus 21:10 11 Jun 2003

I have no experience of these things, but there are a couple of free childsafe internet programs that are worth a look : - click here for iProtect you 3.06 and click here for We-blocker.

VoG™ 21:14 11 Jun 2003

If you don't want to be too censorious (is that a word?) then set yahooligans as your home page click here

You will be able to get out of it but an 8-yo won't (for a couple of days anyway!).

hugh-265156 21:18 11 Jun 2003

click here

click here

click here

i have not used any of these so cannot recommend but am sure somebody will point you in the direction of a good one.

also in xp you can set the content of what is allowed to viewed on web sites.

tools/internet options/content/content advisor/settings and adjust the sliders and block or allow access only to certain sites.

mammak 21:25 11 Jun 2003

AdeJ, hi my six year old is the same, the way i found round it,was to configure a comp just for her , ie favs list, so they can only go there , saying that your,s are older so would be able too type I did try that bt safe surf but it wasnt up to much, only real safe way is too stay with them,dont worry too much though wait till you have teenager,s they are much more off a headache on the net good luck Mammak

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?