Anyone really good with Outlook 2007 calendars??

Stressed Mum 13:42 20 Nov 2009

Wasn't sue where to post this - have tried MS forums without success. I have just changed from 2003 to 2007. The calendar is set up slightly differently. I use the monthly calendar as a work rota. Each employee has a colour code. When setting up the times of shifts I now have to put in the start time and end time, colour code and employees name. That's fine - bit more of a hassle as I used to be able to set a re-occurance weekly rather than daily - but my problem is being able to view up 4 lines on the monthly view. I have tried every which way, font size, resolutions, making the screen bigger by closing task bars etc - but I can only get 3 lines to show, which after closing and reverting back lowers to just two lines. This is very frustrating as I have to go to Print Preview to see the monthly rota clearly, then go back to the screen view to make alterations etc. The weekly view and daily view are not of any help to me whatsoever. I really don't like this at all. I have also downloaded printing assistance for 2007 but that doesn't provide me with what I need. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. SM

rawprawn 14:23 20 Nov 2009

I don't think it can be done click here
Scroll down to the bottom it says that it is not compatible with overlays

rawprawn 14:28 20 Nov 2009

The only other thing I can think of is in Calendar
View> Current View> Events which would show you a colour coded list. I don't know if this will work for you.

Stressed Mum 14:30 20 Nov 2009

Marvellous! Not very good for those of us who have been so reliant on it before. I need to see more than 2 at least - this is so annoying.. Hope MS know about it and can perhaps do a fix? If I change screen resolution I do manage to get 3 - but never 4 - and then I need to buy new glasses as well. I kinda get the feeling that I prefer 2003. :((

Stressed Mum 14:33 20 Nov 2009

Thanks rawprawn - tried that - but not what we want. I may even go back to writing it on a blank calendar with a pen... !!

rawprawn 14:36 20 Nov 2009

Sorry I can't help further, how much consideration have you given to a blackboard?
:-))

Stressed Mum 14:57 20 Nov 2009

Until just now - none - but good idea - thanks - can I sync that with my iPhone?

rawprawn 14:59 20 Nov 2009

I haven't got an IPhone,but try this
click here

Stressed Mum 16:48 20 Nov 2009

ok I have had to resort to screen resolution to make this work a little better - this way I can now view 3 lines in the calendar - better than 2 - but not good enough! Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?