Anyone own a BT Voyager 205 ADSL router?

Fateful Shadow 11:04 30 May 2005

If so, could you tell me what connections/inputs it has on the back? I'm hoping it has 2 ethernet connections, seeing as I want to connect 2 computers via network cards!

Fateful Shadow 20:08 30 May 2005

...just when I though the day couldn't get any 'better' :(

HondaMan 20:12 30 May 2005

I think, with respect, that you are trying to cross your bridges before you come to them. Wait and see exactly what comes, check the box contents against the packing list and go from there.

I think the router has 4 ethernet ports, plus USB and power. It should come with an A/C adapter, USB cable and a cable to connect the router to the telephone point. This cable can be up to 60 feet long, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Fateful Shadow 20:19 30 May 2005

Thanks. After looking at a few specs. of the 205 ADSL router it does say that there is only 1 ethernet port. I still can't inderstand why it comes with 2 ethernet cables though?!?

Dan the Doctus 20:22 30 May 2005

I've just looked at mine (BT Voyager 205) and it has:

1 DSL socket

1 USB socket

1 Ethernet socket

1 Power socket

It came with all the cables for these.

Fateful Shadow 20:26 30 May 2005

How long was your ethernet cable that was provided? Thanks for the info too :)

Dan the Doctus 20:33 30 May 2005

I've just tried to measure it but it's difficult because it's all curly and I can't find my blasted tape measure. Anyway, I would guess between 1 and 1.5 metres.

Fateful Shadow 20:37 30 May 2005

That's far too short but thanks for letting me know anyway. Shall ponder a bit more on it and try and figure out a good setup.

Thanks again :)

wee eddie 22:36 30 May 2005

Use the USB cable with that.

Then you have to hard wire, what is effectively, a network using a suitable length of cabling.

Fateful Shadow 16:30 31 May 2005

On the back of the router, is the connection USB A, USB B or some other USB fitting that I've never heard of before?

selfbuild 17:09 31 May 2005

It's the same as most printers these days take.... Type B.... click here for example

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?