Anyone with knowledge of Nero 7 suite

Damarc 09:19 15 Jan 2008

What I would like to do, but can't make out if I can do it, is put speech to a photo slideshow. I've found the audio button and it says Soundmax digital audio is the device for recording. I don't know what this is. If I put earphones with microphone into the speaker sockets in the pc would that be sufficient for recording?

johnnyrocker 09:30 15 Jan 2008

what are you using to make the slideshow? as windows photostory would be ideal, connecting via speaker sockets will not work and may cause damage you need a mic in or line in socket.

johnny,

Damarc 10:08 15 Jan 2008

I've got Nero 7 for dvd burning and it's the Nero Vision Express component that I'm using to compile the photo slide. I can't believe how user unfriendly this particular bit of software is. It's sooo counterintuitive.

Are you saying that using the basic Windows XP software that pops up when you open the dvd drive would suffice, even for speech and burning. I had awful trouble with my Phillips burner before and so used Nero cos I thought that would be the best for it. It certainly works but as I say it's very difficult to navigate. And I thought that because my speech was recognised with these speaker/headphones with my French Language learning software, it would work for other speech recording.

johnnyrocker 10:12 15 Jan 2008

i would have thought that it would be an idea to compile and save a slideshow in either irfanview or picassa ( both free ) then after saving transfer to disk?

johnny

Damarc 13:33 15 Jan 2008

I can't see where it will allow me to use speech, only MP3 files. It's an easier package though but still doesn't solve me problem of talking about each photo. You see the reason I want this is I have a guide dog puppy and am compiling photos of her early life to give to a guide dog owner when she passes her test. Whilst the GDO won't be able to see the pictures, others in the family will be and if I can give a bit of background to each picture that will help the owner.

johnnyrocker 14:16 15 Jan 2008

what about powerpoin with a commentary?

johnny.

PO79 14:29 15 Jan 2008

Photo Story 3 from MS click here will do what you want and best of all it's free!

March Hare 15:33 15 Jan 2008

To my file

Damarc 15:49 15 Jan 2008

As you say Photostory 3 will work for me. Hope I can burn it through Nero!

johnnyrocker 15:51 15 Jan 2008

glad to have been of help

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?