Anyone Know Their Way Around PhotoImpact 11?

ade.h 18:49 22 Jan 2006

Hi all. I may possibly be trying to do the impossible here, but...

I'm trying to add an "edge preset" photoframe to a jpeg photo in PI 11. It's number 26 from the list. The problem is that I can find any colour or transparency options for edge presets; they seem to be white and that's it. I've tried changing the background of the jpeg to see if the frame was actually clear - which work fine if it is clear, because I'm using it on a webpage with a green background - but I have had no success so far and I'm pretty new to PhotoImpact.

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to either colour the edge preset, or make it transparent?

Thanks very much for any help, everyone.

spuds 19:45 22 Jan 2006

Will this help? click here

ade.h 19:48 22 Jan 2006

Thanks Spuds, but I've already been reading the Ulead site for quite a while. Can't find any info about this though.

ade.h 23:46 22 Jan 2006

I just got a response to this question in another forum.

For anyone who may find it useful; you need to use the magic wand to select with one click the white area around the image, then either fill it in with your chosen colour or invert the selection and copy the picture out of the frame and place it on a transparent or coloured background.

fazer 13:11 23 Jan 2006

ade.h

A further tip .... use the magic wand tool to select the edge frame. Copy then paste that selection as another layer which then gives you further options to adjust the edge frame - shadows for example if you want the illusion that the edge is proud of the original image (and vice versa if as you state, you copy and paste the original image.

ade.h 13:31 23 Jan 2006

That's a great tip, Fazer. Thanks for that! Actually, it will cure a slight issue that I have found with some of the edge presets - any that have isolated white areas over the image, which don't get caught by the wand, have to be filled in manually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?