Anyone having hotmail logout probs?

gazmix 11:16 06 Oct 2009

Hi

When i logout of hotmail & it diverts me to msn homepage, i get the page split in 2, the top half is orange & i get the 'firefox has encountered a problem & needs to close', send or don't send a report!

Has anyone else had this today? & any ideas on what it could be?

thanks

birdface 11:43 06 Oct 2009

Maybe everyone changing their passwords due to the recent Hotmail scare.Mind you I just changed mine with no problem

gazmix 11:47 06 Oct 2009

i posted about that on the speakers corner area, its only addresses beginning A & B isn't it?. Is there a way of telling if you been hacked? & how do you change password?
thanks

gazmix 12:25 06 Oct 2009

The issue only happens in Firefox, not Internet Explorer!

Is there any way of telling if its been hacked? or would i know if i filled out any illegit forms?

birdface 12:29 06 Oct 2009

So far it is only A-B but nobody seems to know if they have the rest or not.So maybe better not taking any chances.
I did it through Windows messenger.Sign in with a different ID.Forgot your password.And I followed instructions to change my password.
There has to be an easier way to do it.But that is the way i did it.

birdface 12:33 06 Oct 2009

Over 400 million Hotmail users so the chancer of you being hacked I would say would be slim.But you never know.

gazmix 12:38 06 Oct 2009

i can sign in with my same email address (which i want to keep), then just use the option to change password? i didn't understand what meant by different id as i only have 1, my hotmail address! will that change password for hotmail too?

birdface 12:42 06 Oct 2009

I have only changed my password.I suppose that you could change your e-mail address as well but I am not that sure we have to go that far.Maybe someone can enlighten us as what is best to do.

gazmix 12:56 06 Oct 2009

Yeh, sorry, i thought you added a new user ID.

I'm still having the logout problem in firefox, but not in IE.
The msn page doesn't load up & i get the encountered an error & do i want to send a report!!

Does anyone use FF & can see if they are having the same issues?

Thanks

gazmix 13:53 06 Oct 2009

Hi Marg
No, no other problems, hotmail was ok last night, just today.
I'm not using FF3 as i don't like it, i'm using 2.0.0.20.

Ventad 13:56 06 Oct 2009

sign in with different ID is incase others using the computer want to sign into there account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?