Anyone having format problems with the forum?

gazzaho 15:21 15 Feb 2009

I'm having the odd formatting problem with the forum lately, as seen here with Google's Chrome browser [URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL] and not so pronounced with IE 7 [URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL] any ideas?

gazzaho 15:23 15 Feb 2009

Well that didn't come out as I hoped lol, I guess I need to read up some more on image shack.

User-1229748 15:27 15 Feb 2009

i read a thread the other day that was displayed the same as in your first 2 links

ened 15:28 15 Feb 2009

I think it is something to do with your isp.

I had the problem of an incomplete and weirdly formsatted page the other day but there were some sites I couldn't get at all.

My isp have apparently admitted they had a problem.
click here

Sea Urchin 15:32 15 Feb 2009

On the example you give "Restore PC to Factory Settings - I'm Terrified" it is actually your own "bad" links which have caused the formatting problem. Check it out - page 1 is fine, but page 2 where the bad links are is malformatted

gazzaho 15:37 15 Feb 2009

Thanks for the response ened, most of the posts in you link seem to be regarding AOL, I'm using Virgin Cable myself and I'm not experiencing disconnects etcetera. Other sites seem to be fine and it's only the odd page on this forum that is effected, it's sometimes slow to update the pages too so perhaps it's related to the servers being used.

gazzaho 15:41 15 Feb 2009

So the links that didn't work properly caused it! I never noticed it, now you mention it I think the last time it happened was when I had trouble with another link, thanks Sea Urchin problem resolved.

octal 16:29 15 Feb 2009

It is a problem with the links, they are too long and they make the page go all "funny" I've seen this happen a lot. If I have a long link to post I usually use TinyURL which shortens the link for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone