Anyone have any info on the AVANT BROWSER

Graphicool1 14:20 20 Dec 2010

It sounds too good to be true, so I thought I would ask you guys for your unbiased comments on the AVANT Browser.

What they say about it...

Avant Browser is an ultra-fast web browser. Its user-friendly interface brings a new level of clarity and efficiency to your browsing experience, and frequent upgrades have steadily improved its reliability.

No ADs, No Malwares!
Avant Browser is a freeware. 100% Free! No Ads, No Virus, No Spyware, No Malwares! Absolutely with no hidden cost to you ever.

Multi-Processing
Multi-Processing design offers you a crash-free internet browsing experience and high reliability. When one tab fails, it won't freeze the browser or pull other pages down.

Private Browsing
Designed to set in a Private Mode, Avant Browser does not keep web data in your computer. So anybody else sharing the same computer with you will not be able to see which sites and which pages you have visited and which files you have displayed during your private web browsing section.

Anti-Freezing
The increasing usage of Ajax Technology in websites causes frequent freezing or crashes for most browsers. Avant Browser has developed a new technology to solve this problem, makes your surfing more fluent.

Fast, Low CPU usage
New dynamic multi-processing technology can effectively boost the browsing speed, save memory and reduce CPU usage significantly. Bring you fresh new experience.

No Memory Leak
As Ajax techniques become more popular, memory leak problem extensively exists in most browsers. Avant Browser new technology will release all occupied memory after a tab is closed.

Web Form Auto-Filler
Forgot a web password? It won’t happen anymore, Avant Browser will memorize passwords for you. You can fill web forms with Auto-Filler by a single click. And you can protect all your web forms with one master password.

Online Bookmarks
Access your Bookmarks with Avant Online Bookmarks Service from anywhere, office, home or an Internet cafe, and don't need to worry about losing those data when re-install windows.. The encrypted stand-alone bookmarks file format can protect your privacy on a shared computer.

Mouse Gestures
Got a big screen and tired of accurate clicks? With Mouse Gesture feature, you can control Avant Browser by “drawing” the command on the screen.

AD/Popup Blocker
AD/Popup Blocker can efficiently clean up the web pages by blocking Popup pages and filter Ad Content. You can block any annoy content by adding to the filter with the "Add to AD Black list" command in the Right-click Menu.

Real Full Screen Mode and Alternative Full Desktop Mode

When you enable Full Screen Mode, all you see is the webspace, with no toolbars or other clutter. They are simply autohidden! Move your mouse over the top or bottom and find the toolbar and tab bar respectively. Avant Browser also provides Full Desktop Mode, which is the same as Full screen mode, but differs in that your windows task bar stays visible.

Flash Animation Filter
Experiencing slow page loading with GPRS/3G connection? More than 85% of all flash animations on web pages are advertising. These flash files are pretty large, and normally take up to 90% of the size of the page you're visiting. With Avant Browser you can save the bandwidth by blocking the download of these flash files with just one easy click. Avant Browser also provides many options to block downloads of pictures, videos, sounds and ActiveX components. With these options users can control their bandwidth and speed up page loading.

RSS Reader
With Avant Browser, you can easily switch RSS view in Outlook headline mode or full-expended mode. You can also choose to be informed whenever there is an update to the RSS.

Multi-Document Interface
Wonder how to browse multiple web sites on your giant monitor? Avant’s unique MDI Interface makes this a dream come true!

click here

I use IE7 on WinXP SP3.
I've had so much on & off trouble with IE over the past year, that I've been thinking of trying somthing different and this just caught my eye.

xania 15:13 20 Dec 2010

Not heard of it before but found some reviews here

click here

Have you updated to IE8. Far more secure than IE7.

cocteau48 15:14 20 Dec 2010

Why not give it a try.
You can run it alongside IE7 so you are not committing yourself to any major changes.
If you don't like it just uninstall it again.

Personally I'll stick with Firefox as I have,over many months,got it set up the way I like it, but I have tried Avant briefly in the past and there is nothing wrong with it.

Graphicool1 15:23 20 Dec 2010

I've tried IE8 a couple of times and for various reasons I wasn't impressed.

cocteau48
I also use Firefox and have done so foe a few years. but it's alway too slow to load and no amount of updates, reinstalls or tweaks have made any improvement. Although I've just seen something that calls itself 'ORCA Browser' and it is a Firefox add-on. It preports to speed it up?

cocteau48 16:39 20 Dec 2010

Orca Browser click here

Not,I think,a Firefox add-on but a separate browser based on the Firefox engine.

cocteau48 16:44 20 Dec 2010

My Firefox loads in about 7 seconds which,considering the number of extensions and add-ons that I have hanging off it, I find not too irritating.

Try Speedyfox click here
it does speed up loading a fair bit.

GaT7 16:48 20 Dec 2010

Graphicool1, I've been using Avant browser for several years now (almost ever since it came out in 2005?) & continue to use it on a daily basis along with Firefox. I suppose it goes without saying that they both suit me much better than IE.

Did you know that Avant actually 'piggybacks' on the IE engine? You can read about it at click here. G

LastChip 18:18 20 Dec 2010

I don't know anything about the Avant browser, but most of what you mentioned is now available in Opera, which is a well developed and underrated browser. It certainly performs better than Firefox and IE is just hopeless, although IE8 is the best of a rotten bunch so far.

Just out of interest, a mini Opera version is used on mobiles and it is also used on the Wii.

Worth a try.

xania 19:43 20 Dec 2010

I like IE, although it too loads quite slowly due to the number of toolbars I have, but, as with everything else, it takes all sorts. I'll go with the concensus - give it a go and dump it if you don't like it!

Graphicool1 10:38 21 Dec 2010

The following is the sentence on your link...

"Orca Browser is an extremely fast and user friendly web browser, designed to add more functions on to the latest version of Firefox"

I read that, as it 'Piggybacks Firefox' just as 'AVANT' piggybacks IE?

My Firefox takes a minimum of 20 seconds to load. Where as IE7 is loaded and in your face as soon as I finish clicking the icon!

Sadly though, the enthusiasm it shows on loading belies its follow on performance. As it seems to use up all it's speed in that initial burst of starting. Its biggest problem afterwards is that it's always waiting for websites to load.

Thanks for the link to 'SpeedyFox'. I'll give it a go.

I've installed AVANT, as yet though I guess it's a case of the devil you know. As I'm not overly impressed, but hey early days as at the moment I suppose I'm still comparing it to IE. I'm also going to try out 'ORCA'. Between the four of them hopefully I'll find at least one browser that I'll cling to through thick and thin?

LastChip
As far as 'Opera', 'Chrome' and other big name browsers are concerned, I tend to steer clear of the well known's in favour of giving the lesser knowns a chance.

Thanks to all that dipped their toe in my browser problem. Over the next few days I'll see how it goes.

Oh I nearly forgot to mention you guys might want to give the following search engine a look. If like me you do a lot of web searches? It's rining on the back of my favourite search engine 'Yahoo!'...
click here

"SEARCH LOTTO is the new search engine that rewards you by giving free tickets into the UK National Lottery just for searching the web

It's simple - just create a free account and start searching. For every 25 searches you perform, we will give you a Lottery ticket, absolutely free!"

cocteau48 11:52 21 Dec 2010

Graphicool1

One simple way to see if it your profile which is slowing Firefox loading is to create a new profile (do not delete your existing profile).click here

When you open Firefox you will be given the choice as to which profile you wish to load.
See if the new clean,uncluttered,profile loads any faster.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?