Anyone had a print head clog using JETTEC ink?

AlanPCA 21:21 09 Apr 2006

Has anyone had a problem when using JETTEC compatible inkjet cartridges?

I have a Canon i850 printer. Two weeks ago I used a new JETTEC black cartridge for the first time. Prior to this I have always used Canon OEM cartridges.

All was well at first, but now I find that the printer will not print black. The other colours from the 3 remaining Canon colour cartridges print OK. The new black cartridge has ink on the pad but using the printer maintenance head cleaning function doesn't fix the problem. The Canon web site suggests replacing the head.

The JETTEC web site gives a guarantee that their ink won't damage a printer. Has anyone tried to get JETTEC to honour this guarantee?

bluto1 22:06 09 Apr 2006

I`ve used Jettec compatibles in the past but never had a print head clog. I`d suggest replacing the Black ink cartridge and phoning Jettec first thing on Monday. Actually, try the supplier first, and if they quibble tell them you`re going to ring Jettec. I dont think you`ll have a problem. Do keep the cartridge in case Jettec need it.
Jettec helpline is 0800 0202 488.
Cheers

bluto1 22:08 09 Apr 2006

Wrong number, for 0202 read 0282

Stuartli 22:10 09 Apr 2006

I used JR and Jettec compatible cartridges and refill inks with an Canon BJC600e for nine years - I didn't suffer from print head problems during that time.

AlanPCA 21:21 11 Apr 2006

Thanks. I sent an email to both the supplier of the cartridge and JETTEC on 09/04.

So far I have only heard from the supplier who said that I should try the second cartridge that I bought from him. This I did but got exactly the same result ie no black print. I didn't expect it to work if the head is clogged but it was worth a go. His second suggestion was to contact JETTEC.

I'll wait and see what JETTEC come up with (not able to phone them during the day so far). In the meantime I am without a printer and a daughter with GCSE course work to print :o(

bluto1 22:42 11 Apr 2006

bump

AlanPCA 21:28 21 May 2006

To finish this thread....

I phoned JETTEC and they arranged for a courier to collect the printer the next day at their expense. It took them 4 weeks to check it out but they did find a blockage that they fixed. They shipped it back to me and it works better than ever. They even included a set of 4 new cartridges. Maybe I was just unlucky with the first JETTEC cartridge I used.

This is really good service. My only pain was being without a printer for 4 weeks.

cable-ties 21:47 21 May 2006

Its nice to hear about good service for a change.
Could you do us a favour and tick this as resolved?
Thank you very much

woodchip 22:12 21 May 2006

Yes it ruined a Epson Colour Pro that I used to have

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017