anyone got new cd in magazine

Jade 14 G 16:06 17 Sep 2006

Have just been tring to download a few things on freecd in this months cd and its driving me mad,
Shop Factory wants a number that l haven't got, put one in but no good.
Dummies book, shareware wants me to pay for it before l see it.
File back up same wants the cash, feel like l have been ripped of as only ordered it for these.
I don't think i want to bother with the others

pj123 17:02 17 Sep 2006

What O/S are you running?

I take it you mean the November issue and not this month?

I have just installed Shop Factory from the DVD and I never got asked for a number. Mind you I haven't tried to run it yet as I don't really want it.

As for the Dummies ebook it does say that you need to register online to get past chapter 2.

I haven't tried File back up but from reading the description there does not appear to be any resstrictions, other than it only lasts for 6 months. I don't think I would upload backups to a holding website though. I use a separate Hard Disk which is taken out of the computer and stored.

If you still have a problem email me via the envelope and I will send you my copy of the DVD as I don't really want anything on it at all.

Jade 14 G 17:23 17 Sep 2006

I had only opened 2 pages and it wanted all details including credit card no and the same with shop one, and l downloaded on aol but everytime it switches to firefox. Am going to see if there is any on here like the editor lol to tell him

I had only opened 2 pages and it wanted all details including credit card no and the same with shop one, and l downloaded on aol but everytime it switches to firefox. Am going to see if there is any on here like the editor lol to tell him

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?