anyone on freeserve /orange/ wanadoo;info for u

p;3 20:52 06 Apr 2007

seems there is a huge problem with freeserve/wannadoo/orange at present ; orange are apparently dismissing/denying or whatever any problems but servers seem to be off line or playing up big time; various threads I am following elsewhere and here are asking if OE should be reinstalled or repaired; that apparently will not resolve the issue , which seems to be a server issue and NOT the email client ; if you are on any of them you may have had an e mail on your server which you really cannot download as you cannot get OE to log into your server;

a comment on the orange help site says they MIGHT be trying to sort this by after the long week end

I will duplicate this in the absolute beginners section too

laurie53 08:50 07 Apr 2007

This is being sent on an Orange connection, and I had no problems last night either

Laurie

p;3 09:25 07 Apr 2007

how are you doing your mailing etc at present; ?

Belatucadrus 10:36 07 Apr 2007

I'm not having any problems at the moment, but that reaction from the Orange helpline is all too familiar. They get a load of unqualified staff who look at a screen, if the little indicator is green they immediately assume everything at their end is OK, you have no idea what you're talking about and tell you you're PC is faulty. Usually if you can get past the call centre and talk to one of the technical guys/girls you have a much better chance of getting a sensible response.

p;3 19:18 13 Apr 2007

this issue seems to be ongoing, for those who may be having problems:))

amonra 20:02 13 Apr 2007

I have spent over a week trying to convince Orange Indian staff to investigate a fault on my BT phone line which has stopped my BB working. Since it did come back yesterday, it has been dropping out for short periods and now I dont know whether it's an intermittent fault recurring or whether it's the Orange server playing up. I cant face another session of 0870 "How may I help you ? " and go through the same rigmarole with different staff each time.
Anyone got any bright ideas how to determine line fault or server fault ???

I am Spartacus 20:14 13 Apr 2007

PingPlotter might help track down a problem click here

rossco10 20:37 13 Apr 2007

terrible. havin trouble accessing big sites. email ok. SORT IT OUT QUICK ORANGE OR YOU'LL LOOSE LOTS OF CUSTOMERS AND END UP TURNING RED.

p;3 21:18 13 Apr 2007

the problem does not seem to be going away::((

bretsky 23:17 13 Apr 2007

Yes, I had the problem last week, mailwasher said I had mail and when I pressed process mail, T/Bird fire up and said there was nothing there, after pressing the Get mail button several times they came through, all seems to be ok now.

I've lost count on the times I've read about problems with Orange, and all I can say is I wish It would go back to Wanadoo when the service was more reliable if you go to click here you'll see pages of complaints, I've resorted to writing letters because I cannot get through to anybody, tech support or otherwise, and wasting time and money hanging to menus etc etc

I was reading a thread here earlier today that was more scathing about Orange, I forget what the thread was called now, but ever since they became Orange the service reliability has vanished.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone