anyone experiencing java 7 problems?

johnnyrocker 21:36 12 Mar 2014

i would be interested in finding out if possible how big an issue it might be with java,

johnny

northumbria61 11:48 13 Mar 2014

It would probably help if you gave more information about what problems you are experiencing and Windows version you are using.

rdave13 12:24 13 Mar 2014

If you're thinking about the security issues (same as Adobe and Windows) then this article is worth a read. Tips on how to use Java at the bottom. click 'ere.

Pine Man 12:32 13 Mar 2014

I removed Java well over a year ago and, so far, no programs or web sites that I use have failed to work.

If you are concerned about Java try removing it and seeing what happens.

rdave13 12:43 13 Mar 2014

Pine Man, some online games require it and I thought the tip on using two browsers was good. IE for surfing etc without Java and , say, Firefox for online gaming that requires Java.

Like yourself dumped Java a long time ago but some sites require it for auto updating. Nvidia drivers for instance and some real-time weather programs are two I know of.

Pine Man 15:52 13 Mar 2014

I am not involved in any online gaming so that wouldn't have caused an issue. Also, although my graphics card has nVidia drivers,I update them manually.

I use firefox mainly but, when I cannot access this site in firefox, I use ie and connect immediately - I know it doesn't make sense but it never fails!?

johnnyrocker 18:45 13 Mar 2014

just to answer a couple of queries above. win xp pro, java required for yahoo games which at present i cannot play because of this issue

johnny

rdave13 19:07 13 Mar 2014

There's a link to completely remove Java run time. click here that and reboot.

Go to Verify Java link and it will, or should, lead to your OSs latest version.

Try

rdave13 19:19 13 Mar 2014

Something wrong with PCA's reply format. Time and again the word preceding the link, even with a single space, is then thrown to the bottom of the post.

johnnyrocker 20:10 13 Mar 2014

rdave13. tried your suggestion before posting but thanks.

johnny

rdave13 20:33 13 Mar 2014

Try another browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?