Anybody know of a great laptop deal at the moment

Baskerville 14:16 09 Mar 2011

Hello,

I usually go for a Medion (Aldi) laptop or base station but they have gone quiet at the mo, it's a laptop I want, does anyone know of a great deal at the moment ? I was looking at the Lenovo ideapad z560 it came out on top of the sub £600 laptop reviews on here and would fit the bill for my sons birthday (20th March)

Can anyone help if they have seen a good spec at a really good price or offer on at the moment ?

Many thanks for any help,

Baskerville

Baskerville 14:19 09 Mar 2011

click here

Here is the review of the Lenovo,

Baskerville.

Baskerville 18:18 09 Mar 2011

can anyone help with this ?

MAJ 18:51 09 Mar 2011

Personally I think it's a little expensive for an I3 processor, but it does seem to have all your son will need in the normal use of a laptop. It does have a webcam but I didn't see the resolution stated, is it 0.3 Mpixels or the better 1.3 Mpixels?

mooly 19:47 09 Mar 2011

There are so many good offers around at the moment.

Draw up your specification, size, RAM, ganing yes/no etc and look around.

I wouldn't overlook Acer either.

Baskerville 21:37 09 Mar 2011

Thanks for the reply, the webcam is 1.3mp so it's a good spec, the Lenovo machine is an all round good spec, it's a little pricey for me but I cannot find a more rounded laptop for my money, my son will use it to play games and homework and then my wife will use it for her work.

If you can find me a machine that will do what this one will do for less money I will be happy indeed !

Can anyone recommend a Acer machine that comes near to the Lenovo ?

Many thanks,

Baskerville

MAJ 22:02 09 Mar 2011

What is your maximum budget, Baskerville?

Gaming laptops are always more expensive and not my area but for more general use you don't have to spend as much as £500.

Baskerville 00:37 10 Mar 2011

I think about £400 is what I would like to pay, the Medion are good at Aldi but it has gone quiet of late and the 3 year back to factory is hard to beat, any deal that can match that is ok by me.

Thanks again for the help, I have a week to make up my mind with your help,

Baskerville.

mooly 07:43 10 Mar 2011

For gaming maybe something like,
click here

Taking "gaming" out of the mix and £300 to £500 brings up some great specced machines.

If you are intent on gaming why not ask on the specific Acer forum,
click here
for suitable models, quoting the games you intend running... this is why it's so important you draw up your own specification for what you want. A £400 laptop may not be such a bargain if it won't do what you want, a £600 one a bit OTT if all you play is chess :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?