Anybody Having problems with NTL[Virgin] To-Day

birdface 21:12 16 Jul 2007

HI. I stay in Northants and the service is going from bad to worse to-night.Suppose to get 2 Mb but only getting 381 kbps.I am on cable and ran a few speed tests and all are the same.I have tried switching the modem off and on,But no help.Anybody having the same problem in my area.

VoG II 21:17 16 Jul 2007

Doesn't appear to be a general problem click here

birdface 21:27 16 Jul 2007

Thanks Vog, Already had a look at it.No problems in the NN Area.Any other Ideas as to what may be causing it,Tried repair ,no fault found.Dns Client on automatic.Not had any rain so it can't be that.If it is still the same to-morrow I will give them a call.And if i have to pay for it. They will have one less customer.

birdface 21:31 16 Jul 2007

Aol Slow.Tiscali slow. Ntl slow all broadband. What's going on to-night.

woodchip 21:53 16 Jul 2007

Slow hear or BT line with Ntl Vergin South Yorks 14 miles north west sheffield, Pages are slow loading on PCA Time out errors etc. Having to press reload

beynac 21:54 16 Jul 2007

I'm in Norwich. I have VM cable broadband from their Peterborough server. I'm getting very slow speeds on some sites, others are fine. I ran a a speed test using a server in London, and got download speeds of 250-340kbps. If I use the servers in Paris or Dublin, I get my usual 1950-1975kbps.

I tried a different speedtest using a server in New York and got 1958kbps. I've no idea about the significance of this. Has anyone got any ideas?

bof:) 22:04 16 Jul 2007

B79 area ok :-)

Mike

birdface 22:08 16 Jul 2007

Woodchip,Yes have to press reload to get it to open.According to speed check my problem is NTL and not Pca.And Beynac I know Peterborough is under repair at the moment according to the service status provided by Vog.

woodchip 22:29 16 Jul 2007

Its not a Computer Problem it a General Network Problem. Once you go beyond a point Cable or BT line they all go down the same pipe. And it slow tonight.

UK server site on a 1Mg 974 Kb/s this is normal.

But these are not European Server 214 Kb/s

East-Coast USA Server 107 Kb/s that's like being on Dial-up

birdface 23:28 16 Jul 2007

I am only getting 381Kbps it's supposed to be 2 KB so its pretty bad at the moment,Lets hope it's better bye morning.And good night all.

birdface 08:13 17 Jul 2007

Hi, Its back to normal to-day,I don't know why it gets so slow especially at night,Ok.Will class it as resolved now,Thanks for all the input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?