Any XP 64 compatible wireless routers available?

Leopony 18:13 13 Mar 2007

I want to go wireless but run my desktop on Windows XP Pro 64-bit and, even using the 'find compatible software and hardware' link from 'Help and support' in my start menu, can find none that specifically say that they are compatible with XP64. Some manufacturers sites say drivers may soon be written for Vista 64-bit but I have not seen any that mention XP64 (except one which said that they had no intention of making any of their products 64-bit compatible).
Are there any suitable routers out there? If so, could someone please tell me which they are?

mgmcc 20:44 13 Mar 2007

<<< Are there any suitable routers out there? >>>

I cannot think of a reason why *ANY* router shouldn't work with XP or Vista 64-bit. A router isn't installed in a computer, either as hardware or as software, it is a stand-alone network device to which computers (Windows, Linux, Mac) running TCP/IP protocol connect. The operating system is immaterial.

Now, USB ADSL Modems are an altogether different "can of worms". Also, what you will need are (64-bit) drivers for your PC's Wireless Network Adapter.

Leopony 08:41 14 Mar 2007

Sorry, I had been looking at routers and PCI adapters as well, and got them mixed up when I posted my query. It was the wireless adapters I meant to ask about. If possible, I would prefer a PCI adapter over a USB one as I already have several items connected via USB and I don't want to add any more wires if I an help it.

crosstrainer 09:54 14 Mar 2007

There are a lot of driver issues with wireless kit (particularly with speedtouch stuff) If you want to use a wireless modem / router combination, you could do worse than the DLINK kit...works fine for me and is on the hardware list you can check from: click here and purchase from: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?