Any way of repairing scratches on Laptop underside

CLONNEN 18:04 05 Oct 2008

My laptop has recently gotten some rather deep scratches on the underside. It is a silver laptop but the underside is mostly black.

Are there any cleaning products that would help me fix these scratches?

Also is there anything I can fix to the underside of the laptop to stop new scratches occurring? Something that won't interfere with the laptop air vents.

woodchip 18:07 05 Oct 2008

You will not be able to remove scratches, You may be able to fit fablon cut to match the laptop but it is a mess to remove after. You may have to just put up with it. Who looks at bottom anyway

Condom 19:42 05 Oct 2008

Earlier this year I saw a second hand shop in Bangkok clearing scratches from the back of i Phones and I was impressed. This was the old i Phone not the present plastic one. He told me that this was something sold by Apple for cleaning scratches off so perhaps this might point you in a likely direction. It certainly worked very well.

Diemmess 09:21 06 Oct 2008

There are all sorts of self adhesive discs about in £1 shops.
I have a pack of them. They are meant as non-skid devices and are black, about 3mm thick.

If you normally lay the laptop on a table and dont mind having 4 studs underneath, these would save further scratches and actually improve the ventilation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017