Any opinions please on Swish Flash?

Nyck 10:24 02 Feb 2005

I read somewhere (PCA mag I think) that recommended this as a good budget flash application. Has anyone any experience of using this?

Thanks

Nick

pw_cynic 17:06 02 Feb 2005

It's a very good budget solution for making flash productions or intros for websites. The only disadvantage that SwishMax has over Flash MX is actionscript. There is a small scripting language within Swish but it's not even close to actionscript in terms of features. Saying that, a lot of the effects that use actionscript in Flash MX are easily generated in Swish using the drop down effects menus.

For the price, I'd recommend it.

If you go to one of the tutorial websites, namely click here, you can download a free 30 day trial of the software and make your own decision :)

Taran 17:24 02 Feb 2005

The SWiSH family of products are good, up to a point, but what they won't do for is make sure your Flash output is correctly optimised for display on the web.

If you want a point and click 'effects' system to apply effects to elements added into your movie, with some flexibility in terms of how far you can push it, then SWiSH has a great deal to offer.

There are far more limitations than just the absence of ActionScript, but most users will be more than happy with the output provided.

At the price it is the best option by miles if you do not want or cannot afford Flash.

Nyck 19:52 02 Feb 2005

Thanks for the replies pw_cynic and Taran. It sounds the best affordable option for now. I'll probaly try the free trial you suggested.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?