Any opinions about Acronis True Image 8.0?

Pineman100 17:28 13 Oct 2006

As a previous customer of Serif, I can buy their Acronis True Image 8.0 backup and system ghosting software for £9.95 plus £3 p&p.

Does anyone have any experience of this software. Is it worth buying? I know this is a cheap price, and could be described as "worth the risk" but I don't want to find myself one day trying to restore my system from a rubbish image, at any price!

Woolwell 17:34 13 Oct 2006

Have had the same offer - interested in responses.

rawprawn 17:37 13 Oct 2006

Acronis in my opinion is the best there is. Any version 7, 8, or 9. It has saved my bacon many times. Make sure you take advantage of the "Secure Zone" all you need to do is hit F11 on boot and it will restore your computer.I backup to Secure Zone and my slave HDD alternately on weekly basis.

anskyber 17:52 13 Oct 2006

I use it and love it. Back up made simple. I back up to an external HDD. It even does the OS.

BigRik 17:56 13 Oct 2006

I use version 8. Easy to use and I would recommend without hesitation.

flyboy 18:24 13 Oct 2006

IMHO Acronis is the best. Simple and easy to use. Saved me a lot of grief over the the last couple of years.

Recommended without hesitation

JYPX 22:06 13 Oct 2006

Without question the most important piece of software - other than Windows - you will ever buy. No more agonising over your choice of anti-virus, anti-spyware, Firewall etc. Even if they all let you down Acronis will put you back where you were.

woodchip 23:34 13 Oct 2006

Why bother when you can get version 9 hear post free
click here

terryf 23:39 13 Oct 2006

Definitely agree with the praise for Acronis but remember to let it burn a 'recovery manager' cd for you. You can boot from this if windows is stuffed and recover from your external or second HD, where-ever you stored your backup image. It boots up to a graphical interface which allows use of mouse.

Pineman100 12:59 14 Oct 2006

Thanks for that - it certainly seems sensible to go for the later version for another couple of quid.

Do you know what 9.0 has got, that 8.0 hasn't?

woodchip 15:11 14 Oct 2006

No it first payed for version I have used, I also got Acronis Disc Directore Suit 10. both these I downloaded and payed for Acronis Direct. Both are cheaper from Amazon. I used all free stuff before this one. But am more than happy with what I got.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?