any norton 360 user - quick question

sunny staines 16:25 18 Oct 2007

can it clone a hard drive like ghost, or just limited backups?

Fermat's Theorem 20:18 18 Oct 2007

I have Norton 360, but I use True Image as my backup utility. Looking at the help in Norton 360 I copied this data that might answer your question. Hope it helps, :-)

When Norton 360 prepares to perform a backup, it must examine your PC for files that need to be backed up, either because they have changed since the last backup, or because they have never been backed up before.

You can choose how extensive this examination is by choosing between the following two backup plans that are provided by Norton 360:

Quick Backup (recommended)

A Quick Backup examines your Desktop, you're my Documents folder, and other key file locations that belong to your Windows account. You can choose both individual files and categories of files to be included in your backup. Choose this backup plan if you keep your important files in the folders that belong to your Windows account.

Full Backup

A Full Backup examines your entire PC for files to back up, regardless of the Windows account to which they belong. You can choose both individual files and categories of files to be included in your backup. Choose this backup plan if you store some of your important files outside of the folders assigned to your Windows account, or if your PC has several Windows accounts that you want to back up.

sunny staines 21:05 18 Oct 2007

F.T.

thanks for the info does not look like it can clone the drive,

Fermat's Theorem 21:21 18 Oct 2007

That's why I use True Image for my backups.

Regards

:-)

sunny staines 21:24 18 Oct 2007

F.T.

Thanks again, tried acronis and xxclone was not fully satisfied and reverted back to ghost ver9.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?