any laptop experts out there

carolanne 23:16 05 Jan 2006

I had an all singing all dancing laptop (apparently) for Christmas.....only problem is it won't sing....on occasion when i boot up I have no audio...other times it's fine...I also notice when the audio is missing there is also an icon missing in the task bar...any suggestions gratefully recieved...

LANDCRUISER 00:17 06 Jan 2006

Hi have you tried system restore & failing that i should take it back to where you bought it from & tell them to sort it out seeing that you got it for xmas,you should not be having problems so soon

madPentium 00:19 06 Jan 2006

It could be the driver for the sound isnt very stable. Try the sound system manufacturers website, or the laptop manufacturers website to see if there are more up to date drivers available. There are usually FAQs there, if this is a common fault.

luap481 00:38 06 Jan 2006

try removing the drivers for device if not try recovery as a final option may be mobo problem if that doesnt cure it when audio goes off see if other drivers are missing in device manager

Strawballs 00:50 06 Jan 2006

I'm with carolanne here if it was a pressy for crimbo I would ask the person that got where they got it from and ask them to take it back and get it sorted you should not be having so much trouble so soon.

Strawballs 00:51 06 Jan 2006

Sorry I'm with LANDCRUISER.

carolanne 10:17 06 Jan 2006

Thanks for all your responses, I will be returning the laptop I just didn't want to appear stupid, I thought it may have been something very simple that I was doing wrong, thanks again guys..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017