Any Incredimail Experts !!

spuds 11:40 14 Mar 2006

Had Incredimail for a number of years, and due to a recent reformat, re-installed the programme from new.

Must have made a blunder installing, even though the 'Congratulatons, you have installed...'message appeared. Tried to use the programme, and it would not transfer over emails from the ISP server ( I believe that I had not given full email ISP details). Uninstalled Incredimail, and tried second attempt, with same error results. Uninstalled again, this time cleaning out folders, registry etc. Downloaded again from Incredimail and tried re-install, but it would appear that the 'new' download seems to find the previous programme.Gone through all the procedures, but it would seem that the previous (after reformat) programme or part is hiding somewhere.

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue!.

woodbasher 11:59 14 Mar 2006

It seems Incredimail is incredibly (sorry, couldn't resist!) difficult to remove, tends to leave well hidden files all over the place. This might help click here
or here click here

spuds 12:45 14 Mar 2006

Great bit of information. Have done print-outs, and I will experiment at my leisure later today.

Thought that I had done a good clean-up, but would seem not good enough :O)

spuds 11:14 15 Mar 2006

After further deep probing, found the little blighter hidden well and truly away. Did further checks this morning, and it appears to have resolved the issue (till next time).

Thanks again woodbasher, those links were the ideal solution.

Ticked as resolved.

woodbasher 16:01 16 Mar 2006

You're welcome. Glad to hear all is now OK :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?