Any Ideas ,Re Frith's. Talking Point 74

Noels 07:37 19 Apr 2008

Like Fruit Bat/\o/\ I try to use Frith's Post Card views. Sometimes I can but mostly they won't open. I have spoken to Friths and they say there isn't a problem their end. Frith's is the only photo type site in the world that doesn't automatically open for me. I have checked and rechecked all my settings, security medium,show pictures etc but they still won't open.
OS XP home, AVG pro, Spyware Blaster operating thats all.
Anyone any ideas please.
Regards
Noeld

Noels 09:21 19 Apr 2008

Please see in Speakers Corner.
Identification longshot/Talking point Number 74
post by Fruit Bat /\o/\
Regards
Noels

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:39 19 Apr 2008

No wonder I got there first if your having problems opening pictures :0)

What browser?

Its likely to be a setting in IE / Firefox thats blocking the pictures, especially if you have "browser add ons"

Noels 11:23 19 Apr 2008

IE7 I feel I have checked and rechecked all the settings under Tools several times, but not browser add ons??
The interesting thing is that going back to Talking point 72 I couldn't open the pictures on he Frith's site so e-mailed them and had several interesting conversations but still couldn't open the pictures.
We went away for a long weekend, returning on the Monday morning I had no problems everything opened ok.
Now this weekend they won't open again. Any suggestions gratefully accepted
Regards
Noels

Noels 13:04 19 Apr 2008

I have been fiddling about all day with regard to this problem. I have in turn disabled all firewall/anti virus settings and pop-up blockers all to no avail.
Thought I would give another browser a chance so downloaded "Opera" and hey presto can now open all Fith's pictures.
Question how do I find out what in IE7 is blocking the Frith's web site?
Regards
Noels

Coffee Adict 13:25 19 Apr 2008

I use XP home with IE7 and have no problems with Friths, as its an intermitten problem, perhaps its not IE7, can't suggest what it could be though.

Noels 13:41 19 Apr 2008

No I don't know either I have tried everything I can think of to no avail so will tick as resolved.
Many thanks for help.
Regards
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?