Any ideas on this error message?

six-h 16:59 08 Mar 2010

Still using AVG 8.5 and todays update was interrupted by this error msg. [IMG]click here[/IMG]
No idea what it is but on closing it without selecting either option the update seems to have completed normally.
Maybe it's time to upgrade :o)

rawprawn 17:04 08 Mar 2010
  six-h 17:14 08 Mar 2010

Thanks rawprawn, but i have always had script debugging disabled, also "display notification about every script error" is unticked.

However, I don't have "script debugging (other)" disabled, mainly 'cos I don't understand what it is!
Could that be the culprit?

rawprawn 17:26 08 Mar 2010

Yes tick that aswell

six-h 17:32 08 Mar 2010

Thanks, done.
I just thought that it was AVG's way of telling me to upgrade ..or else!
What's the verdict on AVG 9 free?

rawprawn 17:51 08 Mar 2010

AVG 9 free is used by many members here to good effect. I don't use it so I can't really comment, but the one that most people are impressed by is the recently released Microsoft Essentials.
click here
I have tried that and found it very good.
Whatever you do, if you change remember to uninstall any previous AV that is on your machine before installing another.

rawprawn 17:55 08 Mar 2010

PS. If you are running Winows 7 or even Vista you can just use windows own firewall.

six-h 18:01 08 Mar 2010

Yes, I'm tempted by MSE but not sure that it includes all that AVG does, email scanner etc.
The fact that I would certainly need to install "WOT" or "Site Advisor" in place of the link scanner which would add more clutter to the IE8 header is stopping me from trying it in spite of it's reported light resource use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017