Any ideas on broadband packages

mammak 22:10 12 May 2004

At long last in our remote part of southwest Scotland'
we on the 7th of july are getting ADSL BROADBAND
i am on Freeserve anytime dailup at the moment'
i have no need for >fast gaming>music dowloads>ect
just surfing >digi photo's >email the norm really
any ideas on what package would suit me'
dont really want to put a vast anount of money up front. with kind regard's Mammak.

rawprawn 22:17 12 May 2004

click here and take your pick.By the way I took the £19.99p option from Tiscali, which doesn't rate very highly., and I am very satisfied.

TommyRed 22:27 12 May 2004

I pay £24.99 a month for 512Kbps with all costs (modem etc) included, it's cheaper if you pay for them up front but as I'm disabled I couldn't. It's from PlusNet who have an amazing amount of deals, mine is the EasyStart package. They always perform well in the online tests as rawprawns link. click here HTH TR

mammak 22:33 12 May 2004

rawprawn thanks for that will look into it as i dont wish to pay over the top £19.99 a month seems a good option' thanks again Mammak.

mammak 22:42 12 May 2004

TommyRed thanks to you to' it is such a big world this Broadband is it not'
i am excited but then again not to sure what road to take thank you for your responses i have noted all. Regards Mammak.

bruno 23:06 12 May 2004

I have a similar usage to you and have used Metronet click here for seven months and my highest bill is £12.50.First class telephone service if needed.

Wrinkles 23:16 12 May 2004

I hate to contradict RAWPRAWN but I would advise against Tiscali. My sister in law arranged to get Tiscali. The modem and set up kit arrived and she began to set it up. no Joy. I went over and tried all OK except for " no dial tone " error. several times a day for the next 3 weeks she tried to contact Tiscali. I sent, on her behalf, no less than 20 emails none of which elicited a reply. It transpires that Tiscali did not activate the line. Now 6 weeks on she is with Blueyonder
/Telewest and a happy bunny. Tiscali still have not been in touch.

roy 23:58 12 May 2004

Have you had a look at Freeserve, now Wanadoo?

For what you want I would have thought their 512k for £17.99 per month would suffice. There is a maximum on download of 2 Gb per month.

I am not speaking from personal experience as I am on their old terms of £27.99 per month.

Roy

roy 00:00 13 May 2004

I forgot, their webpage:
click here

mammak 22:39 13 May 2004

Thanks to all for your responses'
decided to go for BT in the end thanks again Mammak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017