Any good media programs?

finlay.mitchel 21:53 07 Mar 2008

I have Windows XP Home edition on my laptop. Does anybody know of any good media programs, preferably free and with a good interface for reading television program times. I have an EPG but its useless. Thanks

Totally-braindead 23:22 07 Mar 2008

This any use click here or maybe click here or click here or click here

See if any of them give you what you want.

finlay.mitchel 23:46 07 Mar 2008

Thank you T-brain.

Does Windows XP media edition have its own EPG? Does it use the internet or the digital signals?

Do you know of any programs that do?

Totally-braindead 23:51 07 Mar 2008

Its XP Media Edition I have and no it doesn't have a program guide. Or if it does I've never seen it.

Actually I've just had a look and there is an option for TV but since I don't have a TV tuner installed I don't know. There might be. It won't let me into the options as it just comes up no tuner installed and will go no further.

Perhaps the Microsoft website could tell you.

Totally-braindead 00:01 08 Mar 2008

Heres the MS website so have a look here click here

finlay.mitchel 00:31 08 Mar 2008

I actually looked at MS's site prior to starting the thread, I thought there might be an XP add-on but no such luck.

tonyq 12:38 08 Mar 2008

Another one to try (I use this one)
click here

john bunyan 14:07 08 Mar 2008

If you have a XP MCE PC it certainly does have a good EPG and is used for recording future tv shows. It automatically updates itself. Is your PC a "MCE" one? If so strongly reccomend you look at the optional updates for MCE machines on the MS update website as these are not automatically part of the normal XP update programme and important "Framework" files may need updating.

finlay.mitchel 18:50 08 Mar 2008

I have XP Home Edition on my laptop and Pinnacle software for my digital tv receiver but I don't like the EPG. It uses the digital signal not the internet and thats good but the interface for reading the television programs and times is lousy. Before Pinnacle I had Toshiba and its EPG was really good but it won't work with my Pinnacle hardware so I thought somebody might know a third-party software program that was good and worked with the digital signal.

I thought maybe Media Portal but its for everything - photos,music,videos
And I'm not sure if its got an EPG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?