Is this any good? (Getting fed up looking around.)

Editboy 16:06 25 Oct 2007

As I don't really know all the ins and outs of what I'm looking at, all the numbers etc, can someone please tell me if this is good value for money etc? Ta!

Scorpius ST5
click here

brad paisley 16:08 25 Oct 2007

i would not advise you to buy of cube. google reviews on the company and see how bad it is. avoid at all costs.

Editboy 17:06 25 Oct 2007

Well, I've read mostly good stuff about them. Better then MESH or Dell. Anyway, I'm more wondering about the system set up, if it's any good. If it is, the I'm tempted to get a local company to build one like that for me.
Service it what it comes down to at the end of the day. I just don't like the idea of it turning up not working properly and me having to send it back etc. If it was down the road, it would be better...

spuds 17:34 25 Oct 2007

Ask yourself a simple question. Can your local computer company or person, build to the same specifications, terms or price, what the 'big boys' can?.

In my neck of the woods, I once knew of certain computer outlets, that now no longer exist. Any aftercare went the same way as the companies. None took credit card payments, so safeguards like section 75 was not available.

Acx 17:59 25 Oct 2007

Looks nice if you need two monitors and it isn't for the latest games.

Totally-braindead 21:51 25 Oct 2007

Have a look at Novatech click here they are quite well priced and have a very good rep.

saleda 18:44 28 Oct 2007

I would also advise you against Cube247.
They give the makers of all components except
the monitors.
The monitors will be amongst the cheapest on
the market.
They used to sell on e-bay and had many neg.
feedbacks.
They seem to have the habit of returning
computers to customers without repairing
any faults.

rdave13 18:54 28 Oct 2007

Suggest you look around for same-ish spec PC and prices. Also suggest to thoroughly research all the companies you might want to buy from before you purchase. Will save a lot of headaches.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?