any body have PCA issue 147 Oct 07

lixdexik 19:52 20 Jul 2008

Does any body have the instructions for UnErase 2.0 that was on the DVD for the above publication.

My daughter's computer has deleted or lost a word file that she was working on. it had been saved on a pen drive but it now seems to be lost, I was hoping that the unerase 2 might be able to find it. Or does any body have a better way of finding such files? any help welcome.

Cheers Lixdexik.

Ollyolly 19:59 20 Jul 2008

Lixdexik,

I've just looked at issue 147 and in particular page 154. It gives an overview of what Unerase does but there is very little in the way of instructions.

I'm guessing that if you install the program it should be obvious how it works. You could even argue that if it's not obvious then the program isn't much cop.

lixdexik 20:04 20 Jul 2008

it askes for the reg key and does not appear to offer how to get the reg key. If you use it as a trial version, it may find what you are looking for but will not restore it.

Cheers Lixdexik

Ollyolly 20:08 20 Jul 2008

Lixdexik,

Does this help:

Issue 147 says registration required:
oo-software.com/home/en/special/unerase.

Might this lead to a page that gets you around the registration process?

There is no mention of a reg key on page 154. But at nearly a year old may it have timed out anyway?

bluto1 20:10 20 Jul 2008

Have a look at click here
They have a program called Recuva 1.15 that might work.

Zak 20:15 20 Jul 2008

click here

Link is still live so should be able to register.

lixdexik 20:17 20 Jul 2008

I shall try both of the above.

Cheers Lixdexik.

grey george 20:18 20 Jul 2008

A bit late, but if your trying to recover a lost file you really do not want to install any thing if you can help it. Try running from a disc or pen drive.

lixdexik 20:23 20 Jul 2008

for all the postings.

I shall try them all.

Lixdexik.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie