Any Answers>?

MK MAN 05:51 24 Jun 2006

Hey, Ive just bought several new components for my computer, for better gaming.

My specs:
AMD 3400+ 64 X2
Asus A8N SLI SE Motherboard
Sapphire ATI X850 XT 256Mb PCIe
2GB Ram
200 GB HD
Gigabyte Pro Cooler CPU fan

1) First Question is, can i buy this graphics card again and use both using SLI?

2) Ive tried to overclock my GPU and can get these results Core 600 and memory 615. Yet i have looked thru numerous overclocking websites and found people geting 700/1200. Any ideas?

3) I have installed the overclocking tool trixx that game with the card. How ever it will not let me save my profile?

Any help for any of these questions would be great.

vinnyT 11:06 24 Jun 2006

1) No, aTi is incompatable with sli, it use crossfire.

2) Can't really help with this, except, not all gpu/cpus oc the same, some better, some worse. Also depends on having good cooling, both on the card and through the case.

3) Don't know

Hope this helps.

Totally-braindead 13:20 24 Jun 2006

1- No as vinnyT has said, SLI is for Nvidia cards only, Crossfire is for ATI cards.
2- Overclocking is to my mind not worth it, you are overstressing the components and taking a risk of burning them out. And for little increase IMHO. For advice on overclocking try here click here but as I said I don't consider it a godd idea.
3- Check the website for the graphics card manufacturer. Perhaps I'm wrong with some of what I said in item 2 as I presume you bought a card designed for overclocking, if this is the case watch the temperatures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?