Any advice greatly accepted

colh 15:51 30 Jan 2004

Hi everybody. I am in the process of trying to move our very small golf club into the 21st century by putting together a load of web pages relevant to the club and hopefully some pages that show competitions and tee-off times etc. What I'm not sure about though is what I do now. We obviously need a web hosting company of some kind and we will need to update pages on a regular basis ourselves. Any suggestions on how we proceed from here and what companies offering this service already experienced for this next stage would be appreciated. Many thanx

jgosden 16:07 30 Jan 2004

click here

i would recomend using 1&1 for hosting your site. Basically register and you will soon be able to transfer your site to the web using ftp,

You then update your pages offline and reupload once finished.

Pesala 17:47 30 Jan 2004

You may already have some free webspace.

For a small club, you don't even need to register a Domain, though that is not expensive. Just upload your pages, and share the URL with your members via email. If you want to attract new members then you should register a Domain and try to promote it.

NTL provide 55 Mbytes of space. This is a mirror of my website, which I use for testing. My real domain is elsewhere. click here

Forum Editor 17:48 30 Jan 2004

for your site, and your chosen web host will almost certainly be able to register that for you. If you decide to use 1&1 as your hosting company they'll make domain name registrations for you.

click here and take a look. I use thios company myself, and have been very impressed with their srvice.

colh 09:04 02 Feb 2004

Many thanks to you all - your suggestions have been most helpful and this is exactly what I need. Once again - Cheers!

gell 11:55 02 Feb 2004

I have made my first web site using Web Easy and downloaded it fine. I want to amend some files so have saved the new files, selected a source and uploaded to the target. It seems to run well but when I go to my web site nothing has changed.
HELP

PurplePenny 19:41 02 Feb 2004

You need to start a new thread (top left under the WebDesign heading). You won't get the answers you need on this thread.

Penny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?