Any 1 got a acer 4062lci

Shutt1e 16:04 26 Jun 2006

Is this laptop any good

Taff™ 17:47 26 Jun 2006

click here The 4062LMi I refer to arrives tomorrow morning Give me 24 hours and I`ll have it set up and report back to you.

Taff™ 08:01 28 Jun 2006

It arrived yesterday morning and I was very impressed. For £420 + £45 for an extra 256 Mb RAM it is a good buy. Initial Battery life was just over 2 hours after only one full charge and I was testing the DVD playback which really uses power. No major problems on set up but you do need to have a blank DVD disk to hand to make your own recovery Disk.

15" wide screen looks good and the speaker quality is better than I expected. Although you don`t get Works Suite included I loaded OpenOffice for free click here. The pre-loaded Adobe Reader wouldn`t update so I had to remove it and install from scratch.

One slightly annoying thing is that Acer partition the 40 Gb drive roughly into two so you have a C drive of 16 GB and a D "Data" drive with the rest. A hidden partition has the installation files. Personally I`d prefer it split differently but it isn`t too difficult to alter the arrangement.

A very smart laptop with a slightly curved keyboard arrangement that attracts the eye and all the ports are conveniently placed on the side or front of the unit. I also picked up this Leather bag at the same time click here to complete the package.

I`m going to re-order today because when I delivered it to my friend, his mate couldn`t believe the price and wanted one too! I`ve also got orders for two of the bags as well - must pop into that pub again!

Shutt1e 16:33 28 Jun 2006

yer i got mine yesterday as well i am pleased with it but i cant get the internet on it. i have been trying to put an ethernet cable in the laptop then into my desktop and it doesnt work ive allowed internet sharing on both but still cant get it to work
you got any ideas
thx

Taff™ 06:15 29 Jun 2006

Post a new thread in the Network Forum titled "Internet Sharing between Computers" - describe your set up and you`ll get some answers. I`ll look out for it but I`m not around much today so others will help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?