antivirus in turned off during computer start-up

radimek 17:16 01 May 2008

Hi guys,
Would truly appreciate your advice about my antivirus settings.

When computer is up and running after the start up there is coming up a message on the lower panel saying my Kaspersky Antivirus is turned off and shall check the security settings.
Though I believe this is not a truth as I always check that in security center and everything is set up fine.

I have Vista Home Premium.
Thank you,

Ditch999 17:24 01 May 2008

I get the same with XP and Kaspersky. As long as the K icon is there and red and black it is working fine. You can disable that annoying warning in the Security Center.

Simsy 17:24 01 May 2008

is just immediately after startup I wouldn't be too concerned. It might be that Windows has done it's check and found the anti-virus is "turned off" before the antivirus has finished loading. The it finishes loading, and then you get the message, which by now isn't true.

If this a long time after it's started then do ignore the above!

Regards,

Simsy

radimek 18:39 01 May 2008

Hello guys,
Thank you Ditch 999 and Simsy.
You were helpful.

Cheers.
Radim

Arnie 19:48 01 May 2008

I used to see exactly the same result with Steganos AV, which is basically Kaspersky.
I never saw it as a problem and was always protected.
However, after my annual subscription came up, I decided to try the free Comodo AV and now I see no point in paying for an AV program.

Incidentally I ditched Comodo’s free firewall in preference to PCTools’ Firewall Plus. I simply prefer its simplicity.

radimek 20:10 01 May 2008

Hi Arnie,

OK.Thanks for your hint, though I use Vista firewall. They say it is the best option.

Cheers

birdface 09:45 02 May 2008

You can always check msconfig and make sure that it is ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?