antivirus 2009

conrail 16:35 15 Jan 2009

daughters pc running xp home has been infected with antivrus 2009, have done a search here and emailed her lots of options, unfortunately all require payment, she is diabled so hasn't a wage going in and I only have my pension so can't help her, is there any free option to remove this problem? also would ccleaner fix it via the registry repair option? or would reformatting and reinstalling help? all help and advice gratefully accepted

skidzy 16:37 15 Jan 2009

Download and update Mbam click here
Boot into safe and run the program.

Access safemode by continually tapping f8 on startup

birdface 16:38 15 Jan 2009

Try Malwarebytes free version or Superantispyware.

conrail 16:51 15 Jan 2009

thanks skidzy and buteman, I have emailed her this option and wait to hear from her

conrail 10:57 16 Jan 2009

apparently nothing has worked, pc appears clean but antivirus 2009 is monopolising the security centre and wont let her connect to the internet

provider 2 11:12 16 Jan 2009

Safe Mode with Networking should allow access to the internet:

click here

Hopefully, there to download MBAM, then run it in Safe Mode only.

conrail 11:30 16 Jan 2009

thanks provider 2, I will pass that on

birdface 11:55 16 Jan 2009

This from Malwarebytes.click here

Buccaneer47 12:56 16 Jan 2009

I also came across this yesterday on a friends computer, I installed AVG Free on to the machine ran a scan, which removed all the threats it found. I tried to run IE Explorer but got the 'could not access web page', so I ran the diagnostic from the page and it found a layer program between the computer and the net. It removed this and I was then able to access the net. However there is still the 'antivirusxp2009' advert poping up at the top of every sites home page. Could this be removed by 'Adaware'? The computer is now runing AVG Free and Zone Alarm Free!

oldbeefer2 13:10 16 Jan 2009

Malwarebytes, as suggested by Skidzy, should do it

conrail 15:20 16 Jan 2009

sorry guys, looks like daughter is not managing, she said she has run everything but the problem is still affecting her web use and showing in the security options, I will have to wait until tonight until I can get somebody to take me to her and have a look,thanks Buccaneer, I will look at that option I have an xp disc, will formatting and reinstalling help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache