AntiVir or AVG

glen2409 20:35 25 Mar 2005

I am interested to know what forum users think of these 2 products and which do they think is the best and why? Thanks

Belatucadrus 20:45 25 Mar 2005

If you want the freebies in order of preference :- avast!, AVG, Antivir then Bitdefender.

avast! best updates, best e-mail scan, good pass rate at virus bulletin, best freebie.

AVG good product, new version 7 better than its predecessor good reliable product, I just rate avast as better.

Antivir, never passed virus bulletin tests, updates frequently involve replacing the entire program and e-mail coverage not as good as avast or AVG, better than nothing though.

Bitdefender, the full version is OK, but they hacked off too many features to come up with the free version, best avoided.

jimv7 20:51 25 Mar 2005

I'm the opposite, I rate avg better than avast, both are good products, I believe that avg is faster than avast, give each a fair trial and make your own mind up. Not together I might add.

Taff36 22:35 25 Mar 2005

As Far as freebies go (for personal use only) I have only ever used AVG and it has never let me down or indeed many others I have recommended it to.

Company wise I have used Norton AV - 2001 - 2004 and McAfee ASAP for multiple machines and neither have they let the company down. But they cost.

I`ll go with the previous thread - try AVG and then Avast (but make sure you remove the first before you load the second) and see which you prefer.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:33 25 Mar 2005

I run a mailout list of over 90 AVG users and they are all delighted....this speaks volumes.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?