AntiTrojan Ewido or Trojan Hunter?

Major Disaster 13:05 09 Oct 2005

Hey

I have recebtly discovered the need for a dedictaed AT scanner and was wondering wich of the above is best for detection rates and real time protection.
I trialed them both, ewido first and it found a trojan, few weeks later tired Trojan Hunter, it didnt find amything but seemed to have more features.

Any comments?
Thanks

spuds 13:44 09 Oct 2005

I used and tried both programmes on a trial basis. Trojan Hunter never found anything and Ewido always came up with about 10/20 problems, which made me wonder if this was giving false/positives. Removed both now, and just using a2squared etc without any worries.

jimv7 13:53 09 Oct 2005

As spuds has said, go for A2 free.

click here

Major Disaster 13:56 09 Oct 2005

Thanks, i was using a2 before the other two but it never found anything at all!

JYPX 18:46 09 Oct 2005

Don't forget Ewido is free, (at the end of the trial period the software reverts to the free version which includes full on-demand scan and updates).

Skills 18:55 09 Oct 2005

I have had alot of sucess using ewido on infected computers recently.I now have the free version running on my PC.

spuds 21:00 09 Oct 2005

JYPX & Skills-- The recent version of Edwido that I had was a 14 day trial programme. After the 14 days I had warning messages that the product had been limited, and I could no longer use it unless I purchased it. Can you provide the link for the free version, as I would like to do further testing, so that I can find out if the product was giving false/positives.

VoG II 21:05 09 Oct 2005

click here - it becomes limited after 14 days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?