AntiSpyware suggestions

cowgirl66 15:25 25 May 2006

My computer crashed on me about 7 hours ago and I've now got it up and running again, clean as a whistle. Which is why I'm in here asking for suggestions as to a good mixture of antispyware. Say about 3 applications at the most. That isn't including firewall or antivirus as I already have them.

Money is a consideration here and if poss, stick to the free ones.

Thanks

VoG II 15:27 25 May 2006

d-aware click here Spybot click here Windows Defender click here Spywareblaster click here

rodriguez 15:33 25 May 2006

For anti spyware I use Spybot (click here) and SpywareBlaster (click here). For anti virus I use AVG (click here) and the firewall is ZoneAlarm (click here) which also has anti spyware built in. There is also a hardware firewall in my router. Since I've had all this installed, I have had no infections at all on my computer.

cowgirl66 15:56 25 May 2006

Thank you for your suggestions; I'm a little wary of Spybot, though, because it never put deleted items into the Restore folder for me. I'm wondering though if now I've done a complete reboot of XP it might work properly if I installed it this time round.

I have used Microsoft AntiSpyware before it changed to the Defender, but it never seemed to find what others did.

Maybe I'm just being too fussy!

Belatucadrus 16:47 25 May 2006

click here Spycatcher express. Trying this out at the moment, I quite like it.

click here Superantispyware Free version a bit hacked about, but worth a look.

click here Hitman pro. The interface has an English language option, but not sure I like the way it works.

cowgirl66 08:58 26 May 2006

I've gone for ZoneAlarm firewall, Antivir antivirus, a-squared and Ewido.

I haven't used Spycatcher or the new Microsoft one or Hitman Pro, so I've made a note of them should I need to add another one. Or two.

Thank you, Cowgirl66

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?