antimalware doctor - how to remove

morters 18:14 05 Mar 2010

I have been infected with this nasty and need to remove it. Am currently scanning with Stopzilla and Malwarebytes Anti-malware but these will take some time for a full scan and may not solve the problem.

Also downloaded Spyware Doctor but all it does is scan for problems - you have to pay to actually remove results.

Does anyone know what will reove this evil little bit of doodoo?

MAJ 18:16 05 Mar 2010

Malwarebytes Anti-malware (MBAM) should do it.

birdface 18:17 05 Mar 2010
  morters 18:30 05 Mar 2010

buteman - your link is to Spyware Doctor which charges to remove anything.

MAJ - do you think running the the two scans will cause a conflict? MBAM has stopped responding.

Sea Urchin 18:54 05 Mar 2010

buteman's link is not to Spyware Doctor - but to Malwarebytes in conjunction with one or more other programs to kill the Antimalware processes. Scroll down to "Automated Removal Instructions" and follow each step exactly.

Malwarebytes will have become corrupted by the rogue program (as you have found) which is why you need to follow the process in buteman's link precisely.

Sea Urchin 18:55 05 Mar 2010

This will necessitate downloading a new version of Malwarebytes as per the instructions.

morters 19:14 05 Mar 2010

Sea Urchin and buteman, apologies for jumping to the wrong conclusion, will attempt to follow instructions.

morters 20:41 05 Mar 2010

Dinner intervened and, having been up since 4.00am,
am too knackered to follow through what, for me, looks a bit complex. So, to avoid making mistakes, I'm going to leave it until tomorrow. I post this so no-one thinks me rude. Thanks for your advice so far, but goodnight before I test it!

Sea Urchin 20:57 05 Mar 2010

Sounds sensible to me - good luck tomorrow,

morters 08:56 06 Mar 2010

Gentlemen, I think I've resolved the problem. MBAM found two Rogue.Antimalware Doctor items in the Registry Key which I removed.

I say 'think' because, after rebooting, Antimalware Doctor no longer appears in 'Add or Remove Programs'. But it still appears in the list of 'All Programs'. Is this ok?

birdface 09:03 06 Mar 2010

Remove it from all programs.
Maybe run mbam again in safe mode to see if it finds anything else.
If so remove them then run C Cleaner whether it finds anything or not.
I would also disable System restore while in safe mode.[after the scan]and when you reboot enable system restore again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017