anti virus/firewall

Tk_RiceZ 18:47 12 May 2004

what would you people out there reccommend a software which does both but effective?

rawprawn 19:08 12 May 2004

I don't know of a program that performs both tasks, but click here Free Antivirus. click here Free Firewall. Both are reliable.

mgmcc 19:14 12 May 2004

If you want "freebies", go with rawprawn's suggestions, otherwise Norton Internet Security for both in a "paid-for" package.

Personally, I would use the "free" Zone Alarm for the firewall, even if you do opt for Norton's AntiVirus protection.

spuds 20:55 12 May 2004

There are a number of combined anti-virus with firewall packages. one can be obtained via click here Initial registration is required for a free twelve months protection. I cannot vouch for this product, as I have never used it. I prefare ZoneAlarm and AVG as two separate units.

More info and downloads for other Anti-virus and Firewall products, are available via click here This site also holds various other good info and downloads.

romanab 21:01 12 May 2004

F-secure internet security 2004 click here , pretty much the best av you can buy with a good firewall thrown in

romanab 21:05 12 May 2004

Forgot to mention that you can try it for free before you buy

rawprawn 22:11 12 May 2004

I run ETrust antivirus, which I got free of charge from Microsoft with the update security CD for a 12 month period. It is not a firewall!!
I think the AV is excellent.

Belatucadrus 22:49 12 May 2004

click here
Is both anti virus and firewall, but the firewall doesn't install on W95

woodchip 23:07 12 May 2004

Yes I got Etrust with new comp how good is it. I know that it's from Computer Associates. The one that made Bitware I use that on my 98se comp for faxing

GaT7 23:15 12 May 2004

I use Norton Internet Security (2003) which I find very satisfactory, easy to use & the default setup needs little extra configuring.

As romanab mentions, F-Secure Internet Security is very good, & so is Belatucadrus' E-Trust EZ Armor suggestion - both of which received top ratings - click here & click here respectively.

spuds 23:55 12 May 2004

rawprawn--The link that I gave, is the same product link that Belatucadrus also suggested , is for the etrust combined antivirus and firewall. The firewall is the clone from ZoneAlarm Pro, so in reality you get ZoneAlarm Pro free for a year as an extra in the combined package.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone