Anti virus turned off - panic

guesswho2 16:12 19 Sep 2007

When I booted up just now, there is a warning shield in the notification area which says AVG 7.5.485 is turned OFF. And yet the usual AVG icon is showing as normal and when I go into Control Center there is a green tick saying all systems are functioning. There is, however, a red symbol on the blue Anti-Virus panel.
I've e-mailed AVG but does anyone know what's amiss?

Totally-braindead 16:31 19 Sep 2007

Only suggestion I have is to do a full scan and restart and see what happens, if the problems still there download it again afresh, delete it and reinstall from scratch.
I have no idea whats going on mine is fully up to date and theres nothing amiss with mine.

birdface 16:36 19 Sep 2007

I think the red symbol is normal I have one on mine,But I would try and up-date it and run it just to make sure.You may have turned it off unintentionally you may have pressed the quit AVg Control Center by mistake and that would have turned it off.

johnnyrocker 16:46 19 Sep 2007

is the pc date and time correct?

johnny.

guesswho2 16:48 19 Sep 2007

Hi buteman. The red symbol on the Anti Virus panel is a red circle with a diagonal line across it. Is that what it's supposed to look like? In my excited state just now, I really can't remember. AVG certainly claims to be active because its icon is the usual coloured square. When out of date it goes gray so I'm sure that's OK, but I've still got the Windows warning shield telling me that there's no antivirus running.

guesswho2 16:49 19 Sep 2007

Yes johnnyrocker that's OK.
Thanks too to Totally-braindead.

guesswho2 18:10 19 Sep 2007

Just for the record let me report that the unwanted warning icon has vanished, after the kind attention of AVG. There's much to be said for the Professional version!
Thanks to those who replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?