ANTI VIRUS SUIT VISTA x64

strokebow 23:19 16 Oct 2008

Hi,

I dont mind paying a fair sum of money.

I just want an anti virus suite which is tailor made to my OS? Not one which has just been altered to make it 64 bit compatible?

This is all I want to know . . .
Which is THE BEST (not the cheapest etc. but the absolute best) anti virus suite for vista x64???

Thanks

Belatucadrus 01:32 17 Oct 2008

You're never going to get a definitive answer on that one as even the virus test companies can't come to the same conclusion twice in a row.
For what it's worth I've been using avast! for years with no problems and am extremely happy with it. The new version 4.8 covers virus and malware . Free home or pro versions depending on which license applies to you.
click here

DieSse 09:15 17 Oct 2008

Eset (the NOD32 company) have a 64-bit version.

No-one will have totally rewritten anything just for 64-bit OSs. There's no need to, as large parts will be identical. Rewriting the necessary parts to make it compatible is all that is required.

NOD32 has the best long term record of any AV in the independant Virus Builletin tests. It's also fast, updates as necessary (not just once a week - sometimes there may be several in a single day), has tested best at finding unknown viruses - I have had it for many years without any issues at all.

The Security Suite has been out for a couple of years or so - I switched to that, and it's similarly good.

Everything a good security suite should be. click here

jimv7 11:17 17 Oct 2008

Agree with DieSse,

nod32 is the best, if you want to pay for an anti-virus, however there are free 1's out there, avast or avg.

User-1229748 13:39 17 Oct 2008

i would also go for nod32

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?