Anti virus/ siftware

User-FCAB1FAF-5F56-42E6-A2FC5454DEE486F8 14:59 30 Mar 2009

Hi

I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 build 8.0.0.506

In the lastest issue of PC Advsior issue 166

They did a review on AV software Noton was top KIS 4th best..

But I been reading on here that NOB32 Smart Security V 4.0 is the best so how come that was not included in the review? Also I wounder how can they do a test on 2 week old database files?

Plus some claim hourly updates yet my KOS which claim this it can say updated 2pm yet its then 7pm but not until i tell it to update it goes to say 6pm even with auto update on?

Am confussed to what to go for when my key ends soon to KIS 2009..

Any thoughts on NOD 32 V 4 any one use it on here?

thanks

birdface 15:08 30 Mar 2009

If you get Kaspersky free from your bank stay with it.If renewing it shop around for the best price.
Have never ever heard any bad reports about Nod32.
I am quite happy with the freebies.[I think it is Barclays you get Kaspersky free from but if I am wrong I am sure someone will say.

Kaspersky from your bank?

I got it from pc world an d renew it via website

Barclays give it away free?

I anit with them..

birdface 15:13 30 Mar 2009

Don't renew it from the website shop around and see how cheap you can get it elsewhere.

birdface 15:15 30 Mar 2009

One example.click here

Thank you re link good price that

I was looking a 2/ 3 year option to save money?

woodchip 15:22 30 Mar 2009

I use Avast Free on three XP home computer and never have a Problem

birdface 15:53 30 Mar 2009

2 years as long as one of the family is in full time education or college or a relation believe.

click here

DieSse 17:51 30 Mar 2009

"Any thoughts on NOD 32 V 4 any one use it on here?"

I've used NOD32, and now the full Eset Security Suite (which includes NOD32 for years. It's always performed flawlessly, and there is no way I would change.

It's fast, has very low impact on performance, checks for updates every hour, updates are fast, you pay annually (or for 2 or 3 years) and get all updates, both virus patterns and program version updates.

It's got the best record of any AV in the independent Virus Bulletin tests, and an excellent record for finding unknown viruses - far better than the freebies.

Can't fault it.

wiz-king 18:06 30 Mar 2009

I agree NOD 32 is very good, we have used it for 3 years at work and at home I have been using it for 2 years.

Ashrich 23:43 30 Mar 2009

Me too , been using it for about 4 years now ( now on v4 ) , and it seems to get cheaper to buy every year of using it ( like a regular user discount ) last renew was for 2 licenses for one year , about £27.00 odd .

I am always puzzled as to why they never seem to appear in magazine or website tests ( apart from AV Bulletin ) .

A neighbour got me to have a look at his latest version of AVG that he actually paid for and was having trouble with , it kept saying it had found a virus/trojan , unfortunately , it was finding one of it's own modules and flagging it up .....doesn't inspire too much confidence when an AV tries to delete it's own components .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?