Anti-Virus Recommendation

fitshase 11:33 12 Jun 2004

I am currently running PC-Cillin2000 on WinXP but I'm becoming a bit unsure about it. I am looking to change my anti-virus software.

Anyone have any suggestions/comments on alternative software. I don't mind paying for the software but equally I am open to comments on the free downloadable anti-virus programs.

Regards

Fitshase

bananaz 11:48 12 Jun 2004

i find that AVG is a very good anti-virus program, McAfee anti-virus is also very good. ive tried Norton but couldnt really get on with it. All can be downloaded from any share site, emule, bearshare, Kazaa etc. Another very good site to visit is

click here

it offers all sorts of free programs, anti-virus, firewalls, anti spyware. you will find AVG anti-virus on that site. Spybot search & destroy is also available there, which i highly recommend. hope this helps.

TommyRed 11:54 12 Jun 2004

I have been more than happy with AVG free edition and it's never let me down yet (touch wood) though I check for updates every time I go online. HTH TR

preston 11:57 12 Jun 2004

how about trying AVG anti-virus it is free. just do a search and you will get lots of hits for it. I use Norton anti-virus which you have to pay for, there is also Mcafee . there are others and some of the guys will probably argue the finer points of other anti-virus.

SANTOS7 12:01 12 Jun 2004

AVG, Spybot S/D, Spywareblaster the three Amego's of the PC world for me

spuds 12:02 12 Jun 2004

I would recommend AVG as a good reliable free downloadable programme.I have it on my computer, and it as worked very well. If you want to check-out some others click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017