Anti virus for PSP

mammak 21:04 11 Feb 2007

My daughter got a PSP for her 10th birthday at the weekend; I have since set it up on the home network and is communicating with my BT Home Hub without a problem I have downloaded the latest updates for it and visited bbc.co.uk just ensure the connection was working properly it is,

But have since came of the internet until such a time I can be certain the PSP is as secure as it can be,

My home computers are all up to date with Avast anti-virus, zone alarm firewall, windows defender, spybot search and destroy, spwareblaster and ad ware 6 personal,

I am aware that to download files onto the PSPs memory stick pro duo will be risky and here is where I have the problem how can I secure the PSP against virus?

I have in the past downloaded Avast anti-virus for my PDA but cannot find the same for the PSP, any help will be appreciated thank you.

tullie 21:17 11 Feb 2007

A google search will find one

mammak 21:28 11 Feb 2007

Thank you but google was my first port of call hence my thread, I have looked and am still looking and will continue to look thanks again.

Belatucadrus 00:11 12 Feb 2007

click here
Not exactly AntiVirus, but is designed to scan for dodgy PSP files.

mammak 21:50 12 Feb 2007

Thanks for that it looks like just what I need, have trawled the net for days and cant find anything so a big thanks for your help much appreciated.

Kate B 21:54 12 Feb 2007

The PSP doesn't run on Windows, therefore it's not going to get Windows infections. There has been one virus found for the PSP click here but as with any machine that connects to the internet, I imagine that exercising caution is your best protection.

skidzy 22:02 12 Feb 2007

Hello Ma,been a while hope your well.

Ok found this,no idea if it works though..think something like this is going to be user practice. click here

mammak 22:06 12 Feb 2007

Thanks Kate whiles I understand the PSP doesn't run on Windows, I was still concerned about virus, your link is very interesting and I thank you for you as always accurate and helpful post.

mammak 22:15 12 Feb 2007

Yep I am well yourself? will have a look at your link and get back ok,as if computers were not a big enough security nightmare :-) kids and there gadgets I tell you worse than adults well almost!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?