Anti Virus Help

sassybooth 20:56 14 Dec 2009

Hello,

I am looking for a new anti-virus software - any recommendations out there?

Sarah

User-1229748 21:24 14 Dec 2009

read this thread,no need to pay for internet security click here

citadel 21:26 14 Dec 2009

I have kaspersky internet security 2010 it does everything av, firewall, and the other stuff. you can get an oem disc 'no manual or box' for about £13

User-1229748 21:26 14 Dec 2009

personally i use avira but i would say that more use avast,can't go wrong with one or the other really.remember only use the one anti virus

Input Overload 22:08 14 Dec 2009

Comodo security is free & the firewall is reckoned to be the best around. I installed it on a friends PC yesterday without issue. A great program. click here

john bunyan 15:01 15 Dec 2009

When I was on XP I used Comodo firewall and AVG 8.5. Now on W 7 I use PC Tools Firewall and Avira anti spyware. Others say Avast is better. Yet others suggest MS Security essentials. All are free but as smackheadz says only use one. I think if I were to start again I would choose Avast as I think it scans incoming e Mails.What operating system - Vista, XP, W7? If W7 may be worth a look at that forum.

p;3 18:25 18 Dec 2009

You do not say what your current antivirus program is for us to know what options you may have nor which Windows version is in use

Devil Fish 20:32 18 Dec 2009

paid for Kapersky in my opinion the best

if you want to go down the free route you wont go far wrong with avira antivir personal free also reguarly comes out top of the free ones in tests slight downside is the splash screen when it updates but a simple click gets rid of that

click here

snv123 21:13 18 Dec 2009

Which operating system you are using.
For windows XP AVG 8.1 is the best.I had very good experience with it.
Currently working on my laptop.
Thanks.

gazzaho 06:26 19 Dec 2009

I myself prefer to pay for a security suite, I'm not knocking the free ones, I just believe you get what you pay for.

I wouldn't recommend the one I use, which is F-Secure more than any other, I myself had some problems with Kaspersky, Norton and Avira which led me to shy away from them, and in the past I've even had some trouble with F-Secure and windows update.

I would say though that you can't go far wrong with choosing any of the established names mentioned.

sassybooth 19:54 20 Dec 2009

Hey, thanks for all the tips... I am giving Avast a whirl. Will give feedback in the forums at a later date...
thanks again

S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017